It’s two weeks until the Burpeethon, so let’s remind ourselves why we are doing this ridiculous fitness challenge.
With at least 1 in 5 women experiencing domestic violence in their lifetime, and two women a week being killed by a violent partner or ex-partner, it is important that the fight to protect women from domestic abuse is far from over. Scottish Women’s Aid, whom we are collecting donations for, work hard to campaign and lobby for changes in attitudes and the law towards domestic violence.
They and their network of local Women’s Aid groups support women, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse. Scottish Women’s Aid aims to deal with the cause of violence against women – gender inequality.
The money we raise through the Burpeethon can do a whole lot of good. You can support us by doing the following:
How to help if you want to do burpees
- Register in advance if you know you will be there! This helps with planning.
- Read the information pack. It will let you know what is happening on the day, and how to start fundraising.
- Set up your fundraising page and join our fundraising team. This helps us keep track of what we’ve raised.
How else you can help
- Volunteer to help with counting burpees, taking photographs and videos, and managing social media. Register your interest using our form.
- Spread the word about the Burpeethon! We can send posters to you to share at your work or gym. You can also share our posts on social media. We’re on Facebook and Twitter.
- Donate resources. Are you a business that can donate water and bananas to us? Please get in touch!
- Donate money! You can find all of our team at JustGiving.