40 days to go until the 2016 Burpeethon. So just what is a burpee?
It’s a exercise that combines squats and push-ups, and is done in the following steps:
- Start in a standing position
- Drop to a low squat, with both your hands touching the ground
- Kick your feet back while keeping your arms straight
- Do a push-up
- Return to the low squat position
- Jump up to the standing position
Now some people will tell you that a burpee doesn’t include a push up, but I disagree, as I like to make life difficult for myself. For the Burpeethon, the burpee can be basic.
And thanks to the YouTube channel XHIT Daily, we have this brilliant video that demonstrates how the burpee should be done.